After celebrating my birthday each year, I like to write a little list of some goals I'd like to accomplish before my next birthday. Here's what I came up with this year:
1. Organize our home (room by room) using the book, A Place for Everything: Organizing the Stuff of Life, for inspiration. Many thanks to Meredith for recommending it!
2. Learn to cook good Lenten meals with lots of variety. I have been working on this one for Great Lent. My husband said that this has been the easiest Lent for him since we've gotten married! Hooray!
3. Read at least six books on Orthodox Christian subjects and pray often. Thank you, Courtney, for inspiring me to get back to reading! Recommendations welcome!
4. Avoid laziness! Follow routines and schedules as often as possible!
5. Aim for 6,000 - 8,000 steps per day. When I use my little pedometer, exercising is almost like a game!
6. Compile a little book filled with Icons and simple text for Baby to use in church.
7. Complain less.
8. Schedule maintenance days once per month. The month of March is going to be all about the hair... my bangs are in desperate need of a trim!
9. Finish reading the Mitford series by Jan Karon. I was on a roll and then got distracted by all of the lovely books Anna has been recommending!
10. Train Baby to sleep BY HERSELF for her morning nap and the first half of the night at least!
11. Cut household shopping bills in half without sacrificing quality.
12. Create a beautiful atmosphere for the deck. This will hopefully include flowers, a seating/eating area, grill spot, and paddling pool!