It is hard to believe that it has already been a whole month since our baby was born. He has already become such a huge part of our lives, I can barely remember life without him. While the time he spent at the hospital was really very difficult, it is already a fading memory (as many of you predicted it would be!). Here are twelve things that you should know about our baby:
1. He is 5 lbs 7 ozs. I am pretty pleased with his weight gain since he was 4 lbs 1 oz at birth and only 4lbs 6 ozs when he can home (he lost about 10% of his birth weight before he began to gain).
2. Though he came home on New Year's Eve taking half of his feedings through a bottle and nursing for the other half, he is now nursing for all of his feedings and only getting a little from the bottle to "top him off."
3. He has blonde hair and dark blue eyes.
4. He has outgrown his preemie clothes as far as length goes. He only wore them for a few days!
5. He is 18.5 inches long.
6. He has to go for weekly weigh-ins (like he's a teeny-tiny wrestler!).
7. After eating he falls asleep immediately, but grunts and groans in his sleep for 15 minutes to a half hour. It's cute in the daytime and a little aggravating at night since he sleeps next to me in a co-sleeper.
8. I can usually "silence" him by rubbing his belly for a little bit.
9. He loves to sleep in the swing and cries when it stops.
10. He is just starting to have awake times... though they are few and far between and only for short periods.
11. We bought an Angel Care Baby Monitor for his bed before we brought him home from the hospital. He has only set it off once by sliding off of his sleep positioner. That was an extremely scary moment!
12. His big sister loves to come in and peek at him and say "hi!" It is video camera worthy!