1. Read (or retell) pages 20 and 21 in Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas.
2. Enjoy eggs today! We're going to hard boil some eggs that we bought from a friend's farm.
3. Build a church out of wooden blocks together as a family to remember the 20,000 martyrs that perished in Nicomedia
4. Fill bird feeders in your yard and clean out a birdbath if you have one
5. String cranberries and popcorn on embroidery floss and hang from the branches of a tree for the birds and squirrels to snack on
Using Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas as a framework, I am going to plan little activities and readings for the Twelve Days of Christmas. Because of family obligations (we have two family parties back-to-back these next two days) and church events (Metropolitan Tikhon is visiting our parish this coming weekend!), we will not get to everything. However, it will be nice to refer to these Christmas Learning Baskets in future years. Also, I would love to hear your suggestions for things to add... this is a work in progress!