|Watching Papa receive his first priestly award from Metropolitan Tikhon|
On the Fifth Day of Christmas we remember Saint Anysia
1. Read (or retell) pages 24 and 25 in Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas.
2. Make Thank You cards to write to family and friends for the gifts that were received. Youcan decorate premade cards from the craft store or fold construction or computer paper in half to make them. Decorate a lot of cards at once and then have your child write out a few each day until they are all finished. *
3. Download Handel's Messiah (we found one on iTunes for under $10) and enjoy listening to it throughout the Twelve Days of Christmas
4. Stock your pantry or refrigerator with special Christmas drinks. Eggnog is Father John's favorite and we all like Twining's Christmas Tea and Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider.
5. Play family games like Charades, Old Maid, or Hide and Seek and opt to have a night without the television
Using Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas as a framework, I am going to plan little activities and readings for the Twelve Days of Christmas. Because of family obligations (we have two family parties back-to-back these next two days) and church events (Metropolitan Tikhon is visiting our parish this coming weekend!), we will not get to everything. However, it will be nice to refer to these Christmas Learning Baskets in future years. Also, I would love to hear your suggestions for things to add... this is a work in progress!
*Idea taken from Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas