This past week, I finished ten of the Petite French Farmhouse Dishcloth Pattern No.1! The little ones have been enjoying them in their baths and it has given me a lot of happiness to see a stack of washcloths that I made sitting in a basket near the tub!
Once I finished the little washcloths, I got started right away on making Waffle Knit Dishcloths. Though this pattern uses the knit stitch and the purl stitch (which I learned for the last pattern), I have found it difficult to get the hang of it. I have made three washcloths so far (four if you count the one that was nearly finished and had to be ripped out due to such severe problems) and each one has something really wrong with it. I think that the main problem is that I keep losing my place while knitting and though I keep a checklist for each row, I have to really concentrate on what I am doing in order to get it right. I feel like I am getting a bit better with each dishcloth that I do, so hopefully by the time I reach 20 I'll have gotten the hang of it. So far, I have been able to complete one washcloth or dishcloth each day and so am on target to finish the washcloths and dishcloths by September.