Monday, February 16
Preparing for Great Lent: Planning Ahead...
One of the things that really helps to make Great Lent and Pascha go a little more smoothly is to plan ahead. Here are some of the things that I have on my list to do:
1. Begin saving onion skins for dyeing eggs red naturally
2. Buy candles for Great Lent, Holy Week, and Pascha
3. Purchase wheat grass seeds to plant on Palm Sunday
4. Purchase Pascha candy and plastic eggs for egg hunt (Easter is the week before Pascha, so plan accordingly)
5. Sort out Pascha outfits and egg necklace(s)
6. Create a Lenten calendar
7. Pick out a book or two to read during Great Lent
Is there anything that I am missing?