Thursday, August 21

A Navy Gingham Tent...



While my sister and her family were visiting a week or so ago, we worked on making tents for our little ones.  I had made the tent frame for our family around Pascha, but wanted to make a fitted tent cover to go with it.  Kate sewed up covers for our tent in navy gingham and seersucker for their family.  I drilled holes for the dowels (we used dowels that were 5/8" because that was the size of the drill bit we had) and we also bought 5/8 chair caps for the tips of the dowels which prevents them from slipping out of their holes (Thanks to a great employee at Home Depot who suggested that!).  I am so please with how this little tent turned out and the children really like playing in it!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Beautiful!

elizabeth said...

oh how neat! :) it's so fun to be able to make things!!!

Matushka Anna said...

Very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...