Sunday, September 14
I was in the midst of casting off for my Riverbank Cowl (the smaller size on the project page) when I got the news that Baby Sebastian had finally arrived! I think that I will remember that moment every time I see this cowl! It was so exciting!
I chose to use Madeline Tosh DK in Black Walnut (2 skeins) and a size 4 needle for this entire project (it calls for a size 6 to be used once the ribbing is completed, but mine was being used for a different project at the time). I made a few changes to the pattern that I am pleased with. I am not a huge fan of ribbing, so instead of 3 inches of ribbing at the beginning and end of the cowl, I only knit five rows for each. In addition, I knit 2, purled 2 for my ribbing rather than knit 1, purl 1. Because I only had a little bit of ribbing at the beginning and end of the cowl, I decided to repeat the pattern three times, rather than twice. I severely blocked the cowl and was very impressed with how light and airy it is!
The resulting cowl was very nice to wear tonight. It was our first autumn-like evening and I spent it watching Macbeth in the park... my neck was nice and cozy!