When I went to draw a nice hot bath on Friday night and only cold water came out of the faucet, we discovered that the hot water heater was broken. No hot water in our house doesn't just mean no hot bath... it also means no heat! Due to the nature of the problem, we won't have the hot water heater fixed until Tuesday (at the earliest). Instead of grumbling, we are focusing on the good things:
1. We still have water!
2. The dishes can still be done in the dishwasher (which heats the water for every load).
3. Laundry can be washed in cold water.
4. We have a fireplace for heat and lots of wood to keep it going.
5. Baking bread warms the kitchen and fills the house with it's mouth-watering scent
6. The dining room roses are lasting longer in the cool air.
7. It's still in the 50's out-of-doors.
8. We have down comforters and good books to read beneath the covers.
9. It's a gloomy, rainy day... perfect for snuggling down.
10. The beeswax candle my sister scented the air and added a pretty glow to our evening table.